Thursday, January 2, 2014

A new year, a new leaf

As I look back at 2013, I see many wonderful things, and others that were and are more challenging.  We became a family of four by welcoming our baby girl in March.  We also found out that we are expanding our family yet again.  We have many blessings, a home, good jobs (new one for Eric), healthy children, working cars, and the ability to still do some of the things we love like eating out and taking the occasional shopping trip.  I have learned to be very thrifty and spend less, because we have less.  We have had our marriage challenged and continue to fight the good fight to stay united and together.  I have learned to live off of way less sleep and to alter my expectations in order to not always feel defeated.  This year has not been my best, yet, I still have much to be thankful for.  I am hoping 2014 brings with it less hardships and more joy.  So JOY is the word that I am choosing to focus on.  JOY is attainable.  JOY is what I need.  So here's to finding it...

No comments:

Post a Comment