Monday, January 6, 2014

11 weeks

I had my first ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, just to make sure that I had the dates right (since things were off and we definitely weren't trying).  With that, my due date is July 26, 2014.  My birthday is in July, so wouldn't it be crazy to share the day?  I have decided that I will not be doing bump pictures, at least right now, since I did not start out where I would have liked to be weight wise.  I have already gotten the talk at the doctor about doing an early diabetes screen (even though this was not an issue with either of my other pregnancies) and was told to only gain between 5-15 pounds.  However, she did say I should not diet.  Well, what on earth am I supposed to do?  I am still nursing, very nauseous, and honestly feel that I will eat what I feel like eating when I feel like eating it.  Most of the time food sounds terrible, and I just can't see cutting calories and dropping my milk supply when Kinley still needs that nutrition from me.  So, doctor, I am not sure how much control I have over that.  Also, as a pregnant and emotional person I don't ever appreciate a lecture on weight.  Ugh.  Anyway.  Onto the update.

Weight Gain:  3 pounds (so two to go I guess....)

Aversions:  Everything on any given day.  Things sound good one minute, then terrible the next.  Cooking is awful.  I have not thrown up that much this time, but have felt close MANY times.  I am hoping this all resolves soon so I can enjoy eating again.  Also, many other things gross me out and make me want to hurl other than food.  If my child forgets to flush the toilet for example...that is the WORST.

Cravings:  All things salty.  I also crave just about every kind of sandwich that I see on a commercial on television.  I have decided that if I want Jimmy Johns I am going to have it despite the fact that I am not supposed to eat lunch meat, mayo...but, it tastes so good!  Sadly, I just don't really want sweets that much.  With Kinley's pregnancy I could not get enough sweets...hmmm.

Diet:  In the morning I have been eating a bagel with cream cheese to curb the throw ups, as Caleb would say.  I am trying to snack more throughout the day to keep the pukes at bay, then a lunch of leftovers and dinner.  I have been trying to have a healthy dessert at night too.  Basically, just trying to eat what I can and drink LOTS of water.

Worries:  I worry about being able to provide for this baby and provide milk for Kinley.  I worry about the health of the baby (as I always do).  I worry that I am not able to relish in this pregnancy because I am so tired and busy all the time with the other two...knowing this will be my last.  I am worried about our lack of space and bedrooms in this house, having three carseats in a car, three kids in daycare at the same time...money.  Well, worries are abundant.

Excited About:  Not having the stomach flu anymore and feeling human again.  I am excited about telling more people too.  We told Caleb this week and he was so cute about it.  I was worried about what he would think, since every time I asked him if we should have a new baby he would respond with "but, we already have a baby."  Yes, we do.  When we told him he said "Your belly is growing!  Can I see it?"  He is a wonderful big brother to Kinley and I am sure he will be to this baby as well.  I am also excited that my mom has agreed to come around the time the baby is due to help us with the kids.  She has never seen me very pregnant and has never gotten to feel the baby move in my belly, so this should be a special time.  Plus, I know the kids will be in great hands when I am at the hospital.  So, hopefully we can time it all right.

It's a:  Surprise.  I am so excited for this!


No comments:

Post a Comment