Last weekend I was looking around and started to think about what would be functional and fit in this space better. Clearly, our current furniture situation is just NOT working. So here is my plan:
- Get rid of the couch, love seat, dining table, end tables, T.V. stand and coffee table. I think taking everything out and starting fresh is the way to go (so the only thing that will stay is the toy shelf.
- Bring in a couch with a chaise for the only seating in the living room and position it against the railing to keep that area off limits. Ideally a sleeper, since we do not have a guest room.
- Bring in a small round end table if it will fit.
- Get a storage ottoman that can be pushed against the wall under the window for extra floor space, but can also be brought to the middle of the floor if needed.
- Get a smaller, round dining table that has a leaf, so it can be expanded if we have company, but will be small for our day to day purposes.