Sunday, October 21, 2012

Times are a changin'!

I have not written in a while for a few reasons:

1.  Our camera broke, and there were not any good pictures to use.
2.  Work has been crazy and home time just seemed to be best spent as present as I could be with the Caleb and my hubby.
3.  I was tired.  Very tired.  Why?  Well...

We are expecting a....baby.  A real life baby.


Since I started this blog when I was already a mama, I should give you some background.  When we were trying for the first time, and were blessed with our beautiful and smart Caleb, I had a feeling I was pregnant before I ever missed a period.  I guess I know my body well, and things were a bit "off".  I had a friend over, and she said I should take a test, so I did.  It was digital, the kind that spells it out for you.  So, my husband, my friend, and I waited.  I left it in the bathroom so I would not peek.  I remember walking in, looking down, and reading "pregnant".  I looked again.  "Pregnant".  I walked out with the test, and showed them the results.  My husband proceeded to say, "oh, shit" and took a shot of whatever alcohol we had in the house.  He then proceeded to call just about every person he knew to share the good news.  Luckily, everything worked out well, and we were blessed with a wonderful child.  However, I decided that this time around we should wait a bit before shedding the news.

Fast forward to July 2012.  We had started to try for the second kiddo a little earlier since it had taken a few months the first time around.  We were hoping for an April Birthday (like we can really plan it).  I am a teacher, so it is a lot easier to try to align births with summer break (though I usually work over the summer).  However, things worked a bit faster this time around.  I again started to feel some signs, mostly, I was getting really tired.  More than usual.  I decided to take a test when my husband was still at work, and Caleb was still at daycare.  I thought it was possible, but when I saw those lines (again before I missed a period) I was a bit surprised, elated, scared, shocked, I guess I was feeling a rush of emotions.  I decided to go get a shirt for Caleb to break the news to his dad.



So this time we decided to wait to tell people, at least longer than last time.  However, I felt like this became increasingly hard as time went on.  I was VERY exhausted and started to have horrible morning, day, and night sickness, paired with terrible food aversions, working full time, and caring for a toddler.  I was very thankful when the first trimester was over and I had energy again.  I also had to quickly get over "mom guilt" since this time around I had a toddler to care for.  I had to forgive myself for a little too much t.v. time and for not being very present during those first few weeks.  I have recently started to feel somewhat better, however, nausea still kicks in weekly (worse on days I have to wake up early for work).  I definitely actually got sick much more this time around.  And I am hoping this continues to get better.  I am now 19 weeks along!

Because things happened way sooner than we thought we now have some financial issues to think of too, so hopefully we can get it all figured out.  It is a bit stressful to think about unpaid time from work. However, I am not willing to go back to work after 6 weeks for many reasons.  So, I think I will be off until the end of the school year, and then work a bit in the summer.  If we can figure it out financially for me to be off of work until next fall, that would be my first choice, but we will have to see.

We will find out what we are having on the 29th (hopefully), so that is exciting.  One of the major changes around here are moving Caleb to another bedroom.  I am excited to give him a big boy room, and have been having fun getting it ready for him over this long weekend.  So...that is our news. 

In other news, we had our first run in with the ER yesterday for Caleb.  That was not a highlight of the weekend.  It started innocently enough at the Home Depot, doing their Kids Workshop, which was to be followed with trick or treating around the store.  However, things took a turn for the worse.



Caleb and his daddy were pounding away with a hammer when Caleb stuck his hand between the hammer and the head of the nail.  Argh.  It was a mess, thankfully, the Home Depot staff were quick in getting him paper towels and gauze.  There was blood.  The first time my lil guy bled.  We quickly drove to Children's Hospital to get x-rays done and to see if he needed stitches.  Luckily, no stitches needed and no broken bones.  Despite all the drama, my lil guy still was such a sweetie.  As were were walking into the room, he exclaimed, "this is a nice room".  Oh how he melts my heart.  

So that sums up what has been happening lately.  I will now do a much better job 
of updating this, I hope.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment