- sick, sick, sick...so that has not made me feel like doing anything other than sleeping, resting, vegging, however, being a parent does not allow for this. So, I have not been blogging much (something's gotta give, right?)
- Out of town visitors. Need I say more? With two extra houseguests there is extra cleaning, lots of going out, not a lot of being at home getting things done kind of days, so...again, not blogging much. Just having fun.
- Work. This time of year is a bit crazy at my job, so I have been working a lot, and not really having much energy for anything else.
- Being a mommy. The best one yet to keep me away. Most nights are spent outside since that is where he wants to be.
- Gardening. I am am NOT a gardener. I am learning. SO with that, there is a lot of trimming, planting, weeding, etc. that needs to be done. I know it will be worth it one day, if I ever get the hang of it.
Monday, May 28, 2012
So just a quick check-in. Does anyone read this? If so, here's what I have been up to:
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Oh what a night I had. Yesterday four dear friends and myself drove to a cabin on a lake to spend a night away, all alone, no kids, no husbands, no boyfriends, no fiancé's, no pets, basically with no one to take care of except ourselves. My son will be two this month, and I have not been away for a night since he was born. At first, I did not know what to do, how to act, how to just be myself. For so long the biggest part of my identity has been being a mom and a wife, so this was a welcomed break from reality. I won't give all the dirty details, but we laughed, played cards, had cocktails, listened to music from the 90's, ate good food, visited a bar/diner that smelled bad, stayed up past 10:00 (actually later than 1:00 am) and just had a GREAT time! I need to be sure that this happens more often than once every two years. Oh, and the best part...I slept in until 8:30 am. This may sound early, but for me it was heaven! After a leisurely morning of coffee, donuts, and some leftovers from the night before we packed up and headed out. It was a short but needed trip, and absolutely wonderful! I love being a mom, but it was nice to have 24 hours without responsibility and without being needed by anyone but myself. Ultimately, I learned I am still pretty fun!