Monday, November 7, 2011

Moments like this....

Tonight in the car on the ride home from a lovely family dinner (just the three of us) we were playing a little game in the car, and it was so fun and made my cheeks hurt from laughing.  In the dark, in the car, the kiddo made a noise and the hubby and I would copy it, then he would make another sound, and we would copy it.  This went on and on and on, and as it went on the kiddo would get more and more creative with the sounds he would make, almost like he was trying to trick us.  He would make sounds, and sometimes would intermingle words in...it was just a great, fun, made up game and he seemed to like it a lot.  I think even more than that, we liked it A LOT!  These are the moments that I wish I could remember forever....in fact, I wish I could remember every moment that makes me smile, and even those that make me cry.  However, I know that I will soon forget these great moments when new ones come up and take over.  Looking back at some pictures of when the kiddo was just born I started to think about memories, and how quickly they fade.   Thank goodness for a good digital camera, a video camera (that I do not use often enough) and for the internet!

So in honor of where we started (the kiddo at 3 days old)...


And where we are now....


How quickly time flies.  Somehow that little baby turned into a little boy that can look at pictures of that little baby and tell me, "baby".  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment